Re: Tracking resolution of DISCUSSes

2007-01-12 14:38:57
Hi Sam,

on 2007-01-12 22:04 Sam Hartman said the following:
Let me ask a silly question here: Why do we want to distinguish proto
shepherds from chairs?  I at least hope all my WGs will produce
documents.  That means most of my chairs will be proto shepherds.
Does the difference matter?

Since I'm in the To: list of your mail, I'm a bit baffled by your
question; my proposed solution in my earlier message to the list
was to not make a difference between the two...

Still, if you're asking what could conceivably be the difference,
my answer would be that it's appropriate for a chair to set the
WG state of documents which haven't yet been submitted to the IESG;
while it's (mostly) not appropriate for a Document Shepherd to do
so.

        Henrik