Re: Tracking resolution of DISCUSSes

2007-01-11 22:31:54

On Monday, January 08, 2007 12:52:16 PM +0100 Simon Josefsson <simon(_at_)josefsson(_dot_)org> wrote:

This lack of communication may cause friction.  IESG members raise
issues, which ends up the tracker, and for which they might not
receive any response at all on.  They may get the impression that the
document author is inactive and not following up on problems raised
(at least I would get that impression if I were preparing comments on
others' document).  The document author instead wonders why no
comments or questions are generated by the IESG evaluation process.

This indicates a failure on the part of the document shepherd, who is responsible for fostering that communication and for following up to make sure issues are resolved, and who _does_ get email for every tracker state change.

-- Jeff