Re: Tracking resolution of DISCUSSes

2007-01-13 04:38:30
Hey, I had promised to keep out of this having already used my quota of emails for the months, but then Fred said...

That said, I _do_ wish the tracker would maintain history of DISCUSS and COMMENT comments, instead of only showing the latest ballot text.

It does. Click "view details", and you get the substance of the commentary.

May be it *could* do that, but this would require that someone was updating that entry in the tracker with the historical discussion. AFAIK no-one does this. So we just see the original text of the DISCUSS, and sometime later something like "DISCUSS cleared".

It would be so useful to be able to see what was done to clear the DISCUSS. Hopefully, once shepherd can tend their sheep (oh, sorry, make additions to the I-D tracker) it should be possible, although still not mandatory, for someone to document the closure (not just the fact of closure) on all DISCUSSes.

Adrian