Re: Last Call: draft-legg-xed-asd (Abstract Syntax Notation X(ASN.X)) to Proposed Standard

2007-01-15 09:06:35
Hi -

From: "Stephane Bortzmeyer" <bortzmeyer(_at_)nic(_dot_)fr>
To: "Randy Presuhn" <randy_presuhn(_at_)mindspring(_dot_)com>
Cc: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2007 12:57 AM
Subject: Re: Last Call: draft-legg-xed-asd (Abstract Syntax Notation
X(ASN.X)) to Proposed Standard
Section 5.2 of RFC 3978 addresses the issue, giving the necessary
incantation and using MIBs and PIBs as an example.

You really need to be more specific because I'm hopelessly confused
here. Section 5.2 talks about the *opposite*, how to give *less*
rights.

|   In the cases of MIB or PIB modules and in other cases where the
|   Contribution includes material that is meant to be extracted in order
|   to be used, the following should be appended to statement 5.2 (a) or
|   5.2 (b):
|
|      "other than to extract section XX as-is for separate use."

Sorry, the incantation was so clear to me that I missed the over-qualification.

Randy