RE: NATs as firewalls

2007-03-07 20:29:57

--On Wednesday, 07 March, 2007 10:14 -0800 "Hallam-Baker,
Phillip" <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com> wrote:

IPv6 is not inevitable, the issue is how to make it so. I
believe that we need a branding scheme that tells the user
that they are getting a next generation Internet hookup, that
they have a next generation router box etc. and that the
presence of the brand means that they can absolutely expect
everything they want to work to simply work without the
current level of fuss.

And that takes us full circle back to RFC 4084 (or a possible
update to it), so it is probably time for me to drop out of the
conversation.

    john