RE: NATs as firewalls

2007-03-09 09:31:22

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, Nick Staff wrote:

I think the thing that would help IPv6 the most would be the setting of a
hard date when no new IPv4 addresses would be issued.  This would make it
real for everyone and ignite the IPv6/IPv4 gateway market (I think).  Not to
mention we'd never have to have another debate over when IPv4 was going to
run out which might be benefit enough in itself  ;)

What a lawsuit mess that would be ... artificial limits would never work.

Add to your list of reasons why people aren't motivated ... remember the
Y2K meltdown? Not! The little boy has already cried wolf one too many
times.