RE: NATs as firewalls

2007-03-14 17:36:43

So I got curious and checked the 'current' list. Looks to me like the
question revolving around MIT is small potatoes compared with some
other organizations ... HP now owns two /8 blocks ... their own and DECs.

A bunch of IANA reserved ... which seem likely to be available.

I'd bet more than 3/4ths of the space allocated to specific organizations
as /8s could be recovered. If that needs to happen, the sooner the current
owners of those blocks start planning, the easier it will be.

Those who speculated that MIT had a fundraising opportunity neglected
to comment on the competition.

Dave Morris