Re: Withdrawal of Approval and Second Last Call: draft-housley-tls-authz-extns

2007-03-29 14:19:28
"Ted" == Ted Hardie <hardie(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com> writes:

    Ted> At 4:25 PM -0400 3/29/07, Sam Hartman wrote:
    >>  Ted, I'd like to do this.  However I could use some help
    >> figuring out exactly what question I'm asking the TLS working
    >> group to provide advice on.  I guess it could be as simple as
    >> "Do you think draft-housley-tls-authz-extns is worth publishing
    >> on the standards track?"

    Ted> That sounds fine to me.  You could load it up with other
    Ted> questions (about the IANA considerations, the IPR issues, or
    Ted> competing proposals), but the upshot really does come down
    Ted> to: "You're the folks who will live with this: is it a good
    Ted> idea?"  Your formulation captures that well enough, in my
    Ted> opinion.  regards, Ted

OK.  Then my current best thing to do is to send the question above to
the TLS working group.  The authors have indicated they may ask me for
a delay and if they do I'll honor that.  This seems far better than a
third last call to confirm lack of consensus.

Thanks for your help.

--Sam