Re: Withdrawal of Approval and Second Last Call: draft-housley-tls-authz-extns

2007-03-31 05:55:49
On 03/30/2007 13:56 PM, John C Klensin wrote:
For whatever it is worth, I think we need to step carefully
around the distinction Paul makes above: there are almost
certainly circumstances in which we should accept a broader
grant of rights conditional on standardization and a narrower
one if the technology is not standardized.  I wish the IPR WG
were paying a bit more attention to this sort of issue.

This is a WG decision.  IPR WG could produce guidance on the subject,
but that's all.  What are you looking for?