Re: Should I* opinions be afforded a special status? (Re: [saag] Declining the ifare bof for Chicago)

2007-06-13 04:11:57
Laksminath,

Let me stop being cynical and say that it would be worthwhile to iron
out the review criteria as clearly as possible.

I would support a document giving clearer guidelines
for this. Draft-narten-successful-bof already
outlines some of the things that a BOF proposal
should satisfy. If you or someone else has new text that
goes beyond this, I'd be interested in taking a look.

The now "dead" discuss criteria document is a good example of the
right direction.

Yes -- but for clarification to others (I know you are aware of this), the
criteria are in active use by the IESG and often referred to when we
talk about some AD's discusses. The document was originally an
I-D (now expired), but is available from:

http://www.ietf.org/u/ietfchair/discuss-criteria.html

Jari