Re: chicago IETF IPv6 connectivity

2007-07-03 12:14:06

On Jul 3, 2007, at 8:34 AM, Joel Jaeggli wrote:

Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

IMNSHO, the sensible time is to do it when the relevant RIR runs out of addresses. I'm sure the IETF can get a couple of thousand IPv4 addresses for temporary use even years after that time, but it would seem a little hypocritical to do so.

The network at both of IETF meetings I've attended felt a little archaic: abundant addresses, no paperwork, no firewall, no NAT.

So basically, you're complaining that you came to the IETF and received production quality Internet service?

Do IETF networks add missing IPv6 root glue? If so, would this be beyond production quality?

-Doug