Re: chicago IETF IPv6 connectivity

2007-07-03 19:22:08

I certainly do not need to work out how to persuade my Checkpoint client to
talk to my corporate VPN via  IPv6 in order to contribute to KEYPROV, DKIM or
any of the other WGs I will be attending.

point taken.  but you do need to know basics of how IPv6 works to
competently participate in any IETF working group.  you might think that
IPv6 is irrelevant, but it's not, because people are constantly making
IPv4-specific assumptions in higher-level protocol designs without
realizing it.
The application is miserable enough at the best of times without additional
issues. And since the policy configuration is verified by the gateway I
cannot change the policy unilateraly.

if you work for a company that forces you to use crappy software, I feel
for you.  but hey, we all have our burdens to bear.
The point about eating dog food is not to order the salespeople to eat the
dog food or else. If the salespeople refuse to eat the dog food you are meant
to go back and fix it. The approach being suggested here is to tell the
salespeople to eat it and like it.

what do salespeople have to do with IETF?