Re: chicago IETF IPv6 connectivity

2007-07-03 12:56:06
Clint Chaplin wrote:
I've been watching this debate for a while, and all the previous
debates every time this subject comes up.

IETF is no longer a single subject group.  Very few participants are
up to date with everything that IETF is working on, and many newer
participants are participating in what I would characterize as "edge"
areas: capwap, manet, and the like.

I suspect (and I fall into this category) that many of these newer
participants are not IP wizards; they're here to do work in other
areas.  Requiring them to participate in testing a new infrastructure
that they are not familiar with would be counterproductive to getting
their work done.
there is NOBODY working in IETF for whom familiarity with IP, including
IPv6, is not essential.
whether they realize this is a different question.  but you cannot do
competent work in IETF without a basic understanding of the TCP/IP
protocol stack.

Keith