Re: chicago IETF IPv6 connectivity

2007-07-03 13:20:03
adsl mib
enum
geopriv
mediactrl
speechsc
emu
kitten
ltans
openpgp
pkix

Oh, and TCP isn't the only protocol in use.  UDP, for instance, is the
protocol used by Kerberos.

On 7/3/07, Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu> wrote:
Clint Chaplin wrote:
> I've been watching this debate for a while, and all the previous
> debates every time this subject comes up.
>
> IETF is no longer a single subject group.  Very few participants are
> up to date with everything that IETF is working on, and many newer
> participants are participating in what I would characterize as "edge"
> areas: capwap, manet, and the like.
>
> I suspect (and I fall into this category) that many of these newer
> participants are not IP wizards; they're here to do work in other
> areas.  Requiring them to participate in testing a new infrastructure
> that they are not familiar with would be counterproductive to getting
> their work done.
there is NOBODY working in IETF for whom familiarity with IP, including
IPv6, is not essential.
whether they realize this is a different question.  but you cannot do
competent work in IETF without a basic understanding of the TCP/IP
protocol stack.

Keith

--
Clint (JOATMON) Chaplin