Re: Charging I-Ds

2007-07-31 07:53:33
On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 03:22:58PM +0200,
 Thierry Ernst <thierry(_dot_)ernst(_at_)inria(_dot_)fr> wrote
 a message of 42 lines which said:

Note that the aim of this proposition would not to get more fund to
the IETF, but to relieve the IETF of the cost of processing drafts
that are never read, never discussed, and absolutely useless.

Therefore, I do not understand your proposal. If an I-D is "never read
and never discussed", its cost is nil, no? (sending it to a mailing
list has no real cost).

If an I-D is reviewed by several persons in the WG, one AD, two
members of IESG, etc, then, yes, it costs money but such an in-depth
review does not happen for random student-published I-D.

To summary: what problem do we try to solve?