Re: Charging I-Ds

2007-07-31 09:20:54

Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu> wrote:
In principle I would be against charging, but my experience of being a
chair makes me believe that many authors have no reason to publish
their I-D which are just a burden to the I-D secretariat and thus the
entire IETF community.
that's a really amazing statement.  If I were participating in a WG
whose chair had that attitude, I'd be lobbying hard with the IESG for
another chair, as I'd suspect that the incumbent chair was
inappropriately hostile to introduction of new ideas within the WG.

Sorry, what "attitude" are you talking about here ? I was speaking
about people who publish drafts but never say a word to anyone about
their draft. What's the purpose ? If the purpose is to get new ideas
through, I don't see how publishing a draft and non advertising is
useful for the sender (it may for the reader). But more importantly, I
don't see what you see as "hostile" in the observation above.

Thierry.