Re: Funding (was Re: Charging I-Ds)

2007-07-31 17:33:24
Charging for IDs will kill innovation. I use IDs to float ideas which
may or may not bear fruition. I would not work on these if I had to pay.
  I also work on things at the IETF than my employer does not sponsor.
These things will get thrown out as well.

        I assume i-d to be a proposal for a new protocol, which is
        implementable with a reasonable efforts and costs.  i think your
        view and my view are opposite.

        i'd like to see the following:
        - submission of i-d requires an implementation
        - to become a RFC requires two independent interoperable implementation

itojun