Re: Beggars _can_ be choosers?

2007-08-01 10:36:18
On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 09:12:14AM -0700, Joel Jaeggli wrote:
Told by whom?

Hain...something like that?  I can't remember.  You'll have to check
whatever minutes or recordings are up.

Start by asking the contractor, the volunteers and the IAD for a
postmortem on the operation of the network. anything else is just
speculation.

Why?

It's a lot of work, and I think we already know the conclusion, given
what we can observe as users.

It berates our volunteers and sponsors who provide us with the network
services during our stay...treating them like children that have to be
kept after school to explain themselves.

It embarrasses vendors who provide us with gear or software, making
them less likely to provide either.

And all we're going to discover is, "It hurts when you go like this,
so don't do that then."

A useless and frivolous excercise.

If we wanted to stop begging, and really buy a network for every
IETF meeting, complete with SLA's and funding extensive testing
before opening it 'live', then that's one thing.  One totally
rediculous thing.

But in lieu of an absence of begging, we should stop being so
choosy.

They did a good job, and we more or less had net the entire meeting.

I don't think we have anything to complain about.

--
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.