Re: IPv6 addresses really are scarce after all

2007-08-29 01:58:41
On 8/29/07, Hallam-Baker, Phillip <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com> wrote:
<snip>
I think that we will find that there are 2 sets of user. Most users will
never subnet at all and be entirely happy with a /64.

just ONE /64 will almost never be enough. The reason are quite simple,
almost all types of connection require some sort of "link" toward the end-
site. This link need some sort of link-addresses and you cant get that
and the LAN out of the same /64, I'm quite sure that will lead to issues.

--

Roger Jorgensen           |
rogerj(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com          | - IPv6 is The Key!