Re: Last Call comment on draft-weiler-dnssec-dlv-iana-00.txt

2007-08-29 18:57:32
John,

On Aug 29, 2007, at 6:31 PM, John C Klensin wrote:
Are you prepared to answer the question as to when the plan for
getting the root signed as originally intended (whatever that
plan now is) is going to be executed?

I have no idea what was 'originally intended', so it is difficult for me to answer.

I could answer and say:

% dig @ns.iana.org . axfr

and/or

https://ns.iana.org/dnssec/status.html

but I don't think that is the answer you're looking for. I suspect the question you mean to ask is when will a signed root zone be published and propagated to the existing set of root servers. Unfortunately, since IANA is not in control of the publication process, I can't answer that particular question.

Regards,
-drc