Re: IPv6 RIR policy [was Re: IPv6 addresses really are scarce after all]

2007-08-29 20:01:12

perhaps, but if IETF has the problem that it's not willing to assert its
ownership over its own protocols, that problem is better addressed in
IETF than in ARIN.

      very true.  but throwing protocols "over the wall" and
      ignoring operational input does tend to affect the credibility
      and/or the usefulness of said protocol. Or are you suggesting
      that the IETF designs protocols without regard to operational
      relevence?

maybe I'm misled but I've never thought of the registries as bodies
whose purpose was to collect operational experience.

but yes, I'd very much like for IETF to have more input from those
involved in operation, as well as having more input from more
applications developers, as well as having more input from those who
understand architecture, as well as having more input from actual users
or user groups.  we need all of those kinds of input.

Keith