RE: IPv6 RIR policy [was Re: IPv6 addresses really are scarce after all]

2007-08-29 13:05:15
You certainly wouldn't be the first to so argue, and I guarantee you wouldn't
be the last. My point is if you don't say something on the PPML then you will
be depriving the Internet community in the ARIN region of your insight and
technical expertise, a case in which everyone stands to lose -- you and the
ARIN community.

As far as the other RIR communities are concerned, persons in all 5 RIR service
regions tend to be observant of the discussions in each other's community, so
you would be reaching more than just ARIN.

The choice is yours,

Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Moore [mailto:moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu]
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 3:52 PM
To: Ray Plzak
Cc: Bob Braden; john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com;
narten(_at_)us(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: IPv6 RIR policy [was Re: IPv6 addresses really are scarce
after all]

Ray Plzak wrote:
If you think that way, then why don't you say so on the ARIN Public
Policy Mailing List where such a comment needs to be heard. Discussion
about ARIN policy on this list will not influence the policy process.

I think the message needs to come from IETF that this isn't something
the RIRs should consider within their purview.

I could argue within ARIN that ARIN's policies are harmful etc., but
that's sort of besides the point.  And of course it's not just ARIN
that
we should be concerned with.