RE: IPv6 RIR policy [was Re: IPv6 addresses really are scarce after all]

2007-08-29 10:39:57
If you think that way, then why don't you say so on the ARIN Public Policy
Mailing List where such a comment needs to be heard. Discussion about ARIN
policy on this list will not influence the policy process.

Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Moore [mailto:moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu]
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 12:58 PM
To: Bob Braden
Cc: john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com; narten(_at_)us(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com;
ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: IPv6 RIR policy [was Re: IPv6 addresses really are scarce
after all]

Bob Braden wrote:
In this whole discussion, I find it hard to keep separate the
technical issues, about which the IETF should care a lot, from
the business model and issues, about which the IETF should be
agnostic.  We may personally care a great deal about the business
issues, but we cannot speak as an organization about them.

well, mumble.  we shouldn't be biased toward any particular business
model.  but there's nothing wrong with being biased towards
flexibility,
or being biased against the RIRs changing IETF decisions to favor a
particular business model.

again, the fundamental problem here is that the RIRs are trying to
second-guess IETF design decisions.