Re: [address-policy-wg] Re: IPv6 addresses really are scarce after all

2007-08-31 16:05:52
On 31-aug-2007, at 17:31, <michael(_dot_)dillon(_at_)bt(_dot_)com> <michael(_dot_)dillon(_at_)bt(_dot_)com> wrote:

I still have not seen
any clear indication that there is a negative technical impact of
assigning a /56 per home.

Then you haven't been paying attention, I've been saying /56 is the wrong size for some time now.

To date, the only clear technical issue I have
seen mentioned for subnet prefixes longer than /48 is that if they are
not on a 4-bit hex nibble boundary, it makes IPv6 PTR delegation more
complex.

Then you have to delegate 2, 4 or 8 zones rather than 1, big deal.