Re: Representation of end-users at the IETF (Was: mini-cores (was Re: ULA-C)

2007-09-19 15:52:12
At 10:11 PM +0200 9/19/07, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
Time to have a formal representation of end-users at the IETF?

http://patrick.vande-walle.eu/internet/how-can-the-engineering-community-and-the-users-meet/

(My personal worry about this proposal is that there is zero
organisation of end-users at this time. ALAC, mentioned by Vande
Walle, is a complete failure.)

Given that ICANN's ALAC is the example that has had the most effort put behind it, and it is indeed a complete failure, why do you think the IETF would do any better? Or, even if we did do better in the long run, that the huge amount of effort it would take would not have been better spent on technical matters?

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium