Re: Representation of end-users at the IETF (Was: mini-cores (was Re: ULA-C)

2007-09-20 09:39:15
Daniel Senie wrote:
At 04:18 AM 9/20/2007, you wrote:

Interesting discussion.

I am envolved in two groups develloping around OpenWRT.

One group (some 2000 members) is trying to TORify a < dollar 150 router
the other group (some 30 members) is trying to IPv6 that very same
software. I dont know how big the OpenWRT devellopers group is.

They are end-users, all of them.

End users? Interesting. Though I've been in the software, systems and networking business for 25 years, I don't know what "TORify" means. Step back and look around. Getting more of us geeks providing "end user" feedback is not functional. That's how we get to having cameras, cell phones and most other electronics with user interfaces that non-geeks can't understand.

TOR is "The Onion Router".

The people are afraid of the gouvernement spying on them, that is why
everybody is talking about anonymisation tools. Some people do provide
them for free.

We are not good models of the term "end user."

I guess you are right :)

Cheers
Peter and Karin

--