Re: Representation of end-users at the IETF (Was: mini-cores (was Re: ULA-C)

2007-09-20 10:07:49

On Sep 20, 2007, at 6:29 PM, Peter Dambier wrote:
Daniel Senie wrote:
At 04:18 AM 9/20/2007, you wrote:
Interesting discussion.

I am envolved in two groups develloping around OpenWRT.

One group (some 2000 members) is trying to TORify a < dollar 150 router
the other group (some 30 members) is trying to IPv6 that very same
software. I dont know how big the OpenWRT devellopers group is.

They are end-users, all of them.
End users? Interesting. Though I've been in the software, systems and networking business for 25 years, I don't know what "TORify" means. Step back and look around. Getting more of us geeks providing "end user" feedback is not functional. That's how we get to having cameras, cell phones and most other electronics with user interfaces that non-geeks can't understand.

TOR is "The Onion Router".

hello  peter and Daniel,  all

i am using openwrt / White russian for my test enviroment, i guess you mean this <https://www.agol.dk/elgaard/torap/>

there is an impressive list of software for openwrt <http:// downloads.openwrt.org/backports/0.9/>

greetings from an enduser;)

marcM.

--
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
until we found ::1 -- which is even bigger

web: http://www.let.de