Re: Spammers answering TMDA Queries

2007-10-04 12:47:16
Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
Absolutely, and in fact I see mailing list management as a natural
early adopter for DKIM filtering.

the problem I have with DKIM filtering is that it is only effective for
domains that can reasonably insist that all of the mail originated by
users at that domain go through that domain's submission servers.   this
is a corner case, not the general case.   sure the spammers will learn
to not use DKIM domains, but they'll just move to other domains, and the
vast majority of domains won't be able to use DKIM without seriously
impairing their users' ability to send mail.  of course, some of the
large ISPs and MSPs like it that way.

frankly I don't think IETF should have backed a proposal that was so
unfairly biased toward a particular business model.

Keith