Re: Spammers answering TMDA Queries

2007-10-04 13:09:31
Keith Moore wrote:
the problem I have with DKIM filtering is that it is only effective for
domains that can reasonably insist that all of the mail originated by
users at that domain go through that domain's submission servers.   this
is a corner case, not the general case.

Back in the day, we didn't have any of this VeePeeEn tomfoolery. I could
just telnet in and that was that. I'm sure that our IT folks paid dearly in time, equipment, and support to throw up that wall, yet they did it and as far as I can tell we all survived the move. I don't see anything especially different with mail: if you want accountability, you have to do real live work -- part
of which is placing restrictions on access. TANSTAAFL.

sure the spammers will learn
to not use DKIM domains, but they'll just move to other domains,
This is a feature, not a bug: I don't have to outrun the bear, I just need
to outrun you.

      Mike