Re: A priori IPR choices

2007-10-24 14:13:02
Ted Hardie <hardie(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com> wrote:

No. My point was that for the IETF, interoperability is the goal, not some
general statement about goodness of Free software.  In many/most/maybe all
cases, this will require any IPR restrictions to be GPL compatible.

Can you think of an open-source project interested in the work of CCAMP?

I don't know of an existing open-source project interested in this,
but I would suggest that it is very important that it must be possible
to start one.  Otherwise we deny in particular people in developing
countries the freedom to develop, by means of an open-source / free
software project, the ability to extend purchased networking equipment
with systems of their own design.

Greetings,
Norbert.

--