Experimental track (was: Non-participants)

2007-11-01 04:05:51
Dan Riley wrote:

there is some evidence that people presumably well versed in
IETF process and RFC2026 terminology can be sloppy in its
application--from

http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-announce/current/msg04120.html
[...]
| The IESG solicits final comments on whether the IETF community
| has consensus to publish draft-housley-tls-authz-extns as an
| _experimental standard_ given the IPR claimed.

(_emphasis_ added)

Brilliant.  While they were at it they also sanctioned a new
"experimental track".  IANA will be thrilled when I ask them
to implement "experimental standard" RFC 2345 because it's
on "experimental track" suited for the IDN TLD experiment.

 Frank
--
http://www.google.com/search?cx=001904119753490578822:zvsejdqm-pw&cof=FORID:0;AH:center&q=%22experimental+track%22