RE: [PMOL] Re: A question about [Fwd: WG Review: Performance Metrics atOther Layers (pmol)]

2007-11-01 06:08:49

-----Original Message-----
From: Sam Hartman [mailto:hartmans(_at_)mit(_dot_)edu]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 10:24 PM
To: Leslie Daigle
Cc: IESG; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; pmol(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: [PMOL] Re: A question about [Fwd: WG Review:
Performance Metrics atOther Layers (pmol)]

"Leslie" == Leslie Daigle <leslie(_at_)thinkingcat(_dot_)com> writes:

I doubt I'll use the output in security protocols.

Isn't it true that best security protocol designs always take
performance aspects into account, because users will turn off the
security features if they deem their performance reduction too great? So
measuring the performance of security protocols and the impact of
activating security on other protocols and applications seems to be
important.

Dan