Re: Last Call: draft-arkko-rfc2780-proto-update (IANA Allocation Guidelines for the Protocol Field) to BCP

2007-11-07 18:22:11
On 11/7/07, Bernard Aboba <aboba(_at_)internaut(_dot_)com> wrote:
Here is a different take on what happened:

There are all sorts of takes on what happened.  What I was told at the
time was that the CARP developers picked protocol 112 specifically to
interfere with VRRP, to get back at the IETF for not accepting their
anti-patent position and to show the IETF how irrelevant they were.
My impression was always that the various other stories were
fabricated to cover up that decision.

  Bill