Re: FW: I-D Action:draft-narten-ipv6-statement-00.txt

2007-11-15 13:24:16
Tom,

At this
point, I have to trawl through dozens of RFCs looking for this
information
There is one good starting point. RFC 4294 lists the different
components that are part of IPv6. Yes, there are a few RFCs
that have been updated since RFC 4294 was published, but
if you retrieve these through the usual tools site, its easy
for you to find the last revision.

Have the discussions on m and o bits really finished?  Has the
right balance been struck between RA and DHCP(see 6man in September)?  Has
NATPT
got a role to play (current discussions on this list seem to be reopening that
one)?

Again, the basics are done and we will not be redesigning
ND periodically to suit the fashion of the month or the opinion
of the latest participant on the list ;-) We do seriously consider
adding things, however. NATPT being one such issue.
Possible additional support for managed DHCP networks
being another one.

It will also never be the case the entire set of specifications
for IPv6 (or IPv4 for that matter) is completely free of issues.
Learn to live with it.

Jari