Our deadlines are dizzyingly complex and confusing

2007-11-23 15:52:23
Hi,

I just found out that I missed the deadline for early-bird registration and payment. I registered early, but was planning to pay just in time, but alas the deadline has passed. I was thinking that the deadline is later in the day, end of the business day Eastern time.

We have deadlines at 9:00 ET, 12:00 ET and 17:00 ET for draft submission, WG session scheduling, payments and proceedings submission. I was thinking that all payment deadlines are at 17:00 ET, end of business day. They are not! The early-bird registration and payment deadline is at 12:00 ET and the final pre-registration and pre-payment deadline is 17:00 ET. Perhaps there is a logic to this, but it is not intuitive to me.

Could all deadlines be at the same time (on different days obviously) to avoid such confusion in future?

thanks,
Lakshminath