Westin Bayshore throwing us out

2007-11-27 12:47:43
The Westin Bayshore just called me to tell me that they are undergoing
renovations,
and so unfortunately they are kicking me out of the room that I had reserved in
early September.

They offered to put me up in the Renaissance 5 blocks away,
but, when asked, told me that the night time temperatures are close to,
or below freezing.

I am sure that many of you consider zero Celsius a reasonable temperature,
but I don't.

The hotel would not tell me how many people were being relocated
in this fashion, but apparently there are many.

I made travel plans based on a confirmation from the hotel that
the IETF selected as venue, and less than a week before arrival
the hotel throws me out with no recourse.

I then asked the hotel if they were going to provide a shuttle service,
and they said that they would have to consider it.

I think that the IETF should insist on this as minimal compensation
for those who are being downgraded in this fashion.

Y(J)S