Re: Westin Bayshore throwing us out

2007-11-27 15:42:26
Cullen Jennings wrote:

On Nov 27, 2007, at 2:06 PM, Pete Resnick wrote:

Ray, I think you need to comment on this. Part of the secretariat
booking hotels is to avoid nonsense like this. Why are they not
kicking out other guests instead of us?

Actually, I'm interested in a more basic thing. We usually put a large
load on a hotel. Why don't our contracts insist that the hotel not be
undergoing significant renovation during the meeting. We been at several
hotels that are doing renovation during IETF and I don't think it was
ever without problems.

Here's the punchline (disclaimer I don't know anything about this
particular hotel contract)...

You get a discount if you're willing to be inconvenienced...