Re: Westin Bayshore throwing us out

2007-11-27 16:10:58

Fair enough, and I realize that I am not privy to how the negotiations go and how much of a discount one gets. I don't want to know about how the contracts negotiation happens but I do of course want to have a productive IETF meeting with as few late surprises as possible.

On Nov 27, 2007, at 2:40 PM, Joel Jaeggli wrote:

Cullen Jennings wrote:

> On Nov 27, 2007, at 2:06 PM, Pete Resnick wrote:
>
>> Ray, I think you need to comment on this. Part of the secretariat
>> booking hotels is to avoid nonsense like this. Why are they not
>> kicking out other guests instead of us?
>
> Actually, I'm interested in a more basic thing. We usually put a large > load on a hotel. Why don't our contracts insist that the hotel not be > undergoing significant renovation during the meeting. We been at several > hotels that are doing renovation during IETF and I don't think it was
> ever without problems.

Here's the punchline (disclaimer I don't know anything about this
particular hotel contract)...

You get a discount if you're willing to be inconvenienced...