Re: Westin Bayshore throwing us out

2007-11-27 17:26:36
On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Ray Pelletier wrote:

I am told we are the only guests at the Westin.

That would be surprising.

The Westin Bayshore advertises 511 guest rooms (320 in the main building and 191 in the tower) [1]. According to the IETF hotel page, our block was only 425 rooms [2].

Assuming they are kicking 50 of us out, that's quite a few rooms under renovation or otherwise unaccounted for. (511-375 = 136 missing rooms) Hopefully they'll at least waive cancellation penalties for those who cancel late, saving them the cost of walking people and freeing up rooms for others.

-- Sam

[1]
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/rooms/index.html?propertyID=1080&requestedChainCode=WI&requestedAffiliationCode=WI&EM=EPS_GuestRooms_WI_1080_CAN

[2] http://www3.ietf.org/meetings/70-hotels.html