Re: Westin Bayshore throwing us out

2007-11-27 18:47:28
+1
support.

if so, shuttle should be provided.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Yaakov Stein
  To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
  Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 3:47 AM
  Subject: Westin Bayshore throwing us out

  The Westin Bayshore just called me to tell me that they are undergoing
renovations,
  and so unfortunately they are kicking me out of the room that I had reserved
in early September.

  They offered to put me up in the Renaissance 5 blocks away,
  but, when asked, told me that the night time temperatures are close to,
  or below freezing.

  I am sure that many of you consider zero Celsius a reasonable temperature,
  but I don't.

  The hotel would not tell me how many people were being relocated
  in this fashion, but apparently there are many.

  I made travel plans based on a confirmation from the hotel that
  the IETF selected as venue, and less than a week before arrival
  the hotel throws me out with no recourse.

  I then asked the hotel if they were going to provide a shuttle service,
  and they said that they would have to consider it.

  I think that the IETF should insist on this as minimal compensation
  for those who are being downgraded in this fashion.

  Y(J)S