RE: Hotel selection

2007-11-29 14:27:37
From: Fred Baker [mailto:fred(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com]
One question I would ask the peanut gallery is: if we were to
pick a small set of venues to return to, which would we pick?
The ones I might think of would include our recent venues in
Paris and Prague, the Minneapolis Hilton, the facility we
were at in Dallas last year (although restaurants weren't
very convenient)

I would actually vote strongly against venues such as the Dallas venue.
Given that we have over 1,000 people coming into each venue, it seems
odd to expect everyone to rent cars and otherwise go somewhere that is
relatively remote from other services.

IMHO, ideal venues are in city centers, where people can walk from the
venue to a wide variety of other hotels and restaurants, and where
public transportation is available to connect between airports and
regional rail systems and to other parts of the venue's city.  This
tends to decrease the travel costs and hassles for attendees, among
other benefits.

Jason