Re: Westin Bayshore throwing us out

2007-11-29 06:02:14

--On Thursday, 29 November, 2007 11:16 +0100 Norbert Bollow
<nb(_at_)bollow(_dot_)ch> wrote:

The point is that if IETF meetings are potentially repeat
business for a hotel, that gives the hotel an otherwise-absent
strong incentive to do such a good job that we'll want to hold
another IETF meeting there.  From the hotel's perspective,
making sure that we don't get inconvenienced by renovations or
other avoidable disruptions would be one aspect of that.

But, Norbert, we are _not_ potentially repeat business for some
of the hotels we have been in if they are charging anything
close to their _normal_ conference (not rack or corporate
rates).  At least I hope they aren't, because I hope we never
see an IETF meeting held at a hotel with room rates in the IETF
block well over the USD 300 or EUR 300 range.

And by the way, to review something that has been said in
earlier versions of this discussion, even when we get an
excellent room rate at a super-premium hotel, it may not
necessarily be a good deal because eating or drinking at such a
hotel tends to be at their normal super-premium rate.

    john