RE: Westin Bayshore throwing us out

2007-11-27 22:13:13
Yaakov,

I could be wrong but I was under the impression that the IETF was
already providing a shuttle service as the Renaissance was the
designated overflow hotel.

Stuart Goldman

Alcatel-Lucent

sgoldman(_at_)alcatel-lucent(_dot_)com

+1 602 493 8438

P please save a tree by not printing this e-mail.

________________________________

From: Yaakov Stein [mailto:yaakov_s(_at_)rad(_dot_)com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 12:47 PM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Westin Bayshore throwing us out

The Westin Bayshore just called me to tell me that they are undergoing
renovations,

and so unfortunately they are kicking me out of the room that I had
reserved in early September.

They offered to put me up in the Renaissance 5 blocks away,

but, when asked, told me that the night time temperatures are close to,

or below freezing.

I am sure that many of you consider zero Celsius a reasonable
temperature,

but I don't.

The hotel would not tell me how many people were being relocated

in this fashion, but apparently there are many.

I made travel plans based on a confirmation from the hotel that

the IETF selected as venue, and less than a week before arrival

the hotel throws me out with no recourse.

I then asked the hotel if they were going to provide a shuttle service,

and they said that they would have to consider it.

I think that the IETF should insist on this as minimal compensation

for those who are being downgraded in this fashion.

Y(J)S