Re: Westin Vancouver Update

2007-11-28 14:45:00

On Nov 28, 2007, at 2:03 PM, Ray Pelletier wrote:

All;

Some background as regards the Westin moving people to other hotels as a result of renovations. We executed a contract with the Westin in February 2007 when an Asian initiative fell through. In the contract we were provided a room block of 425 rooms and the Westin signed off that there were no plans for renovations.

On August 30th we were informed there would be renovations to the guest rooms and our room block was reduced from 425 to 335. They, however, continued to take reservations into October, significantly overbooking the facility to the point where last week without informing us they began calling 46 people to move them to another hotel.

Following discussions with the Westin they have agreed to cut back on the renovations during the meeting to restore guest rooms, and the Secretariat staff have offered and will move to another facility. Because of this, those who had been notified of relocation by the hotel are being told that their original booking can now be honored.

However, despite these efforts, the Westin may still be short 10 or fewer rooms. Therefore, if there are volunteers who might be willing to be relocated from the Westin to the Renaissance (about 5 blocks away), those volunteers would be offered a complimentary room for the nights that they would be displaced.

Ray, I volunteer to be moved if need be.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks

While there has been some miscommunication from the hotel, there WILL be shuttle service provided going from the Marriott and Renaissance to the Westin for any and all IETF’ers who will be staying at those properties, regardless of whether they were relocated or not. Details are still being worked out, but will include travel in the morning, at lunch and in the evening. We will follow up with more information.

The Westin, the Secretariat and I are all working diligently to resolve this as quickly as possible and we will keep you posted as new information becomes available. If you have further questions or if you would consider being relocated in exchange for complimentary accomodations, then you are also welcome to contact Jon Lindberg (Jon(_dot_)Lindberg(_at_)NeuStar(_dot_)Biz) and/or Marcia Beaulieu (Marcia(_dot_)Beaulieu(_at_)NeuStar(_dot_)Biz) directly via e-mail.

Ray