Re: Westin Vancouver Update

2007-11-28 21:20:31

Ray Pelletier wrote:
were provided a room block of 425 rooms and the Westin signed off that there were no plans for renovations.
continued to take reservations into October, significantly overbooking
Following discussions with the Westin they have agreed to cut back on the renovations during the meeting to restore guest rooms, and the
those volunteers would be offered a complimentary room for the nights that they would be displaced.
shuttle service provided going from the Marriott and Renaissance to the
The Westin, the Secretariat and I are all working diligently to resolve this as quickly as possible and we will keep you posted as new

Ray,

Thanks for the thorough update. Given the difference between the original announcement and this one, "working diligently" seems like a bit of an understatement.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking