RE: IPv4 Outage Planned for IETF 71 Plenary

2007-12-17 09:24:13
Bill Manning wrote:
Paul Hoffman wrote:
Dave Crocker wrote:
Yaakov Stein wrote:
Why don't we dedicate a separate 2 hour plenary just to this
experiment with the moderator announcing workarounds and collected
statistics ?
The IETF doesn't do those...
...but should. In the VPN Consortium's logo testing, we see much more
difficulty with the operations side of IPsec than in the IPsec
protocol itself. I would not be surprised to hear similar results for
other protocol suites, such as IPv6.

    if you think it should, then we should get Dan Lynch back
    and redo the fourth meeting of the year again... just can
    not call it Interop this go round.

--bill

I love the idea having a 4th meeting as a protocol testing and interoperability
event.
We need more protocol implementations and cross testing to get them
interoperabel.

BTW: In the evening we can also talk on what IETF could do for world peace.

Cheers,
Mehmet