RE: IPv4 Outage Planned for IETF 71 Plenary

2007-12-21 17:05:12

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007, Paul Hoffman wrote:

At 1:30 PM -0800 12/21/07, David Morris wrote:
Actually, I think the stronger complaints are about the fact that a
meeting for another purpose ...

"another purpose"? Those of us who were at the IESG/IAOC plenary 2.5
weeks ago will remember that the vast majority of the mic time was to
discuss (and/or pontificate) about IPv6 transition, IPv6 adoption,

If the scheduled plenary 'presentation' is this experiment, then while it
might not be the best use of the time, it won't preempt other
presentations. My understanding was that this would just happen during
other regularily scheduled content. I would not be interested in preparing
an unrelated presentation intended to overlap this experiment. It would be
a waste of time as the in-room rumble related to getting laptops to work
is likely to overwhelm any conflicting planned conflict.

Dave Morris