Re: IPv4 Outage Planned for IETF 71 Plenary

2007-12-21 01:52:13
On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 01:14:30PM -0700,
 Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter(_at_)stpeter(_dot_)im> wrote
 a message of 279 lines which said:

This thread prompted me to ask one of my hosting providers about
IPv6 support. I received the following long but entertaining reply,

It seems a good opportunity to consider a switch to another provider,
one less entertaining but more knowledgeable :-) One spending more
time on his network and less on showing the whole world his ignorance.

Type a few out, and then check them for typos.

Among the many dummy things he mentions, this one is probably the best
:-) May be someone should tell him there are name resolution services
(and they existed even before the DNS)?

The first thing I tried was to see if I could get some IPv6 transit.  I
decided to ask Sprint about IPv6.

This one is a bad example :-)

http://networxcontract.sprint.com/downloads/Sprint%20IPv6%20whitepaper_September%202007.pdf

http://www.internetnews.com/infra/article.php/3717426