Re: IPv4 Outage Planned for IETF 71 Plenary

2007-12-17 09:33:55
I'm not sure to understand what is the problem. This has been used by tons
of people !

The easier way may be using a command: start-run-cmd then ipv6 install. This
should work with any service pack that you have.

Regards,
Jordi

De: Dave Crocker <dhc2(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net>
Organización: Brandenburg InternetWorking
Responder a: <dcrocker(_at_)bbiw(_dot_)net>
Fecha: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 07:36:59 -0800
Para: <jordi(_dot_)palet(_at_)consulintel(_dot_)es>
CC: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Asunto: Re: IPv4 Outage Planned for IETF 71 Plenary

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
You can use IPv6 in w2k, I used it during several years and had no major
issues.
Detailed instructions for all the platforms available at:
http://www.ipv6tf.org/index.php?page=using/connectivity/guides

Thanks for sending that.

Unfortunately, the instructions for XP don't work.  Besides the menu path not
working, once I get down to ...>Select Network Component > Protocol there is
no "IPv6" choice.

The only thing that looks plausible is "Microsoft TCP/IP version 6".

I suppose they mean "IP version 6" rather than "Microsoft ... version 6" but
thought it worth checking so that everyone else sees the answer.

d/

--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking

The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Bye 6Bone. Hi, IPv6 !
http://www.ipv6day.org

confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the
individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that
information, including attached files, is prohibited.