IETF interoperability testing

2007-12-17 10:53:00

Fred Baker wrote:
what leads you to believe that the IETF doesn't do interoperability events? It has done quite a few, notably in DHCPv6 immediately following the recent IETF and going back in various working groups as far as I can remember.

working groups have conducted interop events?  no, I hadn't heard of that.

but I hope my misunderstanding doesn't distract us from seeking to make this one succeed or, at least, making it a meaningful "experiment" rather than one pretty much guaranteed to fail...

d/

ps. it has even occurred to me that the hidden agenda here is to demonstrate to the IETF just how poor Internet-wide support of v6 is...

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking